Navy Blue Chevron

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 4, 2012

August 5, 2012 and August 12, 2012


Opening Song: A Child's Prayer (p12)
Closing Song: My Heavenly Father Loves Me (p228)

Program Song: 
Review Songs: As a Child of God (outline), Choose the Right (Hymn 239), Stand for the Right (p159), I Feel My Savior's Love (p74), When I Am Baptized (p103), Nephi's Courage (p120-121), The Wise Man and the Foolish Man (p281)
---------------------------------------------------
Identify the doctrine: Review Day!

Help the children understand it:
Listening and Singing Experiences:

Junior/Senior Primary
  1. 20 minutes -  Summer Primary Olympics 
    • Olympic Torch - kids pass the torch around (hot potato) while singing, when the pianist stops the child holding the torch must say the next word or phrase (they can ask for help from a friend).
    • Volleyball - kids have to keep the balloon in the air while singing. If the balloon is dropped, the teachers score a point. If the kids make it to the end of the song without letting the balloon drop, they score a point.
  2. Fast finisher - Songs of the Heart

Nursery (following singing time, go into Nursery and sing the following songs with them)
  1. Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam
  2. Give Said the Little Stream
  3. I Feel My Savior's Love
  4. I Love to See the Temple
  5. Families Can Be Together Forever
  6. I Am a Child of God

No comments:

Post a Comment