Navy Blue Chevron

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 16, 2013

February 17, 2013

Opening Song: Reverently, Quietly (p26)
Closing Song: I Will Follow God's Plan (p164)

Program Song: My Heavenly Father Loves Me (p228)
Other Songs: Life is O'erflowing With Beautiful Things (the Friend)
Wiggle Songs: Hinges (p277)
---------------------------------------------------
Identify the doctrine: Heavenly Father loves us, so He gave us our bodies. He wants us to use our bodies to obey Him.

Help the children understand it: (use for both Jr and Sr)

We can use our bodies not only to obey our Heavenly Father but to enjoy the earth created for us. A couple weeks ago, we talked about things we see, hear, and feel. I have a spinner today that we'll use to review some songs we've learned, and to introduce us to some new ones! All the songs are about how we can use our bodies to obey Heavenly Father and to enjoy the earth He created for us.

I'll draw names of who gets to come spin.

Listening and Singing Experiences:

Junior Primary/Senior Primary

Songs to be sung:

EYES
  • My Heavenly Father Loves Me, verses 1-2 (p228)
  • Life is O'erflowing with Beautiful Things, verse 1 (binder)
  • Two Little Eyes (p268)
  • Popcorn Popping (p242)
EARS
  • I Have Two Ears (p269)
  • Life is O'erflowing with Beautiful Things, verse 2 (binder)
  • My Heavenly Father Loves Me, verses 1-2 (p228) 
FINGERS
  • My Heavenly Father Loves Me, verses 1-2 (p228)
  • Life is O'erflowing with Beautiful Things, verse 3 (binder)
  • Two Little Hands (p272)
  • Rain Is Falling All Around (p241)
HEART
  • Life is O'erflowing with Beautiful Things, verse 3 (binder)
  • Reverence is Love (p31)
  • I Feel My Savior's Love (p74)
  • Love One Another (p136)

Nursery (following Jr. singing time, go into Nursery and sing the following songs with them)
  1. Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
  2. Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam
  3. I Love to See the Temple
  4. Families Can Be Together Forever
  5. I Am a Child of God

No comments:

Post a Comment