Navy Blue Chevron

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 15, 2014

February 16, 2014

Opening Song: The Lord Gave Me a Temple (153)
Welcome Song: We Welcome You (p256) - 1st part only
Happy Birthday Song: Feliz Cumpleanos (282)
Article of Faith Song: The Second and Third Articles of Faith (p122-123)
Action Song: If You're Happy (p266)
Program Song: I Will Follow God's Plan (164)
Reverent Song: Father, I Will Reverent Be (29)
Closing Song: I Lived in Heaven (4)
---------------------------------------------------
Identify the doctrine: My body has been created in the image of God. (Sharing Time)

Listening and Singing Experiences:

Junior Primary/Senior Primary


Singing Time:
  1. Articles of Faith Songs: 2 and 3. Sing both one time through - print the words to the 3rd on the board.
  2. I Will Follow God's Plan - Teach 1st half of song, from the beginning until “And seek for God’s light to direct me from birth.” (10 min)
    • Share Abraham 3:22-25 with the children (you may need to read/summarize for Jr.). Help them understand what the verses mean. Tell them we are going to learn a new song called “I will Follow God’s Plan”. The first part of this song goes along with these verses in Abraham.
    • I’m going to sing a few lines and I want you to listen for how many times I sing “life”. Sing and get answers (3).
    • When we lived with Heavenly Father and Jesus in our premortal life, where we excited to come down to earth? Yes we were! So, every time we sing the word “life” let’s clap. Sing again and clap on “life”.
    • Now, listen for how many times I sing “my”. Sing again (continue to clap on “life”). Get answers (4).
    • The scriptures teach us that Heavenly Father has a plan for us. Do you know what this plan is called? (plan of salvation, plan of happiness, etc).
    • I’ll sing the first part again – sing any of the words you know—this time listen for the word that rhymes with “plan”. Sing again and get answers (began). So, in the song we learn that our life has a purpose and it all “began” in heav’n—just like the scripture we read in Abraham says.
    • Can you remember in the song what it says your choice was? (Sing if necessary to get the answer – “to come to earth”). Now listen for the word that rhymes with “earth”. Sing again and get answer (birth).
    • So, what did we choose? (To come to earth and follow God’s light or commandments). That’s exactly what the scripture in Abraham taught us too!
    • Now, that you know this first part of the song pretty well I’m going to challenge you. I will sing all the words except the rhyming words. When I point to you to get to sing the rhyming word. Sing again, slowing down at the rhyming word and letting the children sing those words. (If you can, sing without the piano. You can control the tempo more and it’s more of a challenge for the children to remember the words without the melody leading them into it).
    • Now here’s an extra hard challenge. I want you to sing “my life” and all the rhyming words! How many times you do sing “my life” (3). Ok, let’s try it again.
    • I bet you could sing all the words now! Let’s try! Sing the whole first part together.
  3. Finish up last week's Valentine's Activity: Name that Primary Song about Love (thank you Camille for preparing this ENTIRE lesson for me! I'll also use her Jr. vs Sr. Primary adjustments)
    • For the last 2 minutes (if there is any time left): Tell the children: To get us ready for our Gospel Instruction we are going to sing a reverent song - that means a quiet song that helps us think about Jesus. Using the flipchart sing: Father, I Will Reverent Be. Sing again when the classes come in for Closing Exercises. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment