Navy Blue Chevron

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 2, 2014

August 3, 2014

Opening Song: Build An Ark (binder), both verses
Welcome Song: Hello Song (260)
Action Songs: The Wise Man and the Foolish Man (281)
Article of Faith Song: The 4th and 9th (124, 128)
Program Songs: Seek the Lord Early (108), the Family is of God (binder)
Other Songs: I Am a Child of God (2), Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam (60)
Happy Birthday Song: You've Had a Birthday (285)
Reverent Song: The Chapel Doors (156)
Closing Song: I Love to See the Temple (95)
---------------------------------------------------
Identify the doctrine: Pray in your families unto the Father that your families may be blessed (3 Nephi 18:21).

Listening and Singing Experiences:


Singing Time: 

Junior Primary (11:15-11:35) - use "Reverent Glue" to keep kids in their seats (I had the kids paint their chairs with imaginary glue before they sat down last week, worked like a charm)
  1. Action Song: The Wise Man and the Foolish Man (281), use rhythm sticks
  2. New Song: Seek the Lord Early (108) - Repeat activity from last week, found HERE (I forgot my magnifying glasses at home last week, AND we only had 6 children there, so hoping for a better turnout and a better memory tomorrow!)
    • Put one half of the FLIPCHART picture on the board.
    • Hide the other halves around the room.
    • Explain to children that today we are going to practice our new song called "Seek the Lord Early", but we have the SAME problem. I only have one half of each of the flipchart pictures on the board! I need some detectives to help me SEEK for the missing halves of my flipchart! 
    • What does the word SEEK mean? (to find). To help us SEEK for the halves of my flipchart I brought some special detective magnifying glasses! (I found some cheap on Amazon: Plastic Magnifying Glasses) I'm going to give each of you a special detective magnifying glass to help you SEEK while we listen to and sing our new song. (I'll outline the rules of having a magnifying glass, and if any child chooses not to follow the rules, I'll take away their magnifying glass). 
    • I'm going to play the song from our CD rather than have our pianist play it. This way the children can hear the words over and over - and it will be something different from me always singing! I will invite them to sing* along if they'd like! 
    • Choose one child at a time to SEEK for another half of one of the flip chart pictures. Once they find it, they'll bring it to the board and match it to the missing half. Then I'll choose another child to SEEK for another half. 
    • We'll keep going until all the halves have been found. 
  3. Action Song: Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam (60)
  4. Review Song: I Am a Child of God (2) 
    • Keep rhythm by alternating claps and knee taps 
    • Teach them to watch me by pitch leading but holding out certain notes and cutting them off - make it a game! 
  5. Reverent Song: The Chapel Doors (156)
Senior Primary (12:05-12:25) 
Same as Junior except: 
  1. Action Song: The Wise Man and the Foolish Man (281), use rhythm sticks
  2. Articles of Faith Songs: 4th and 9th (124, 128)
    • 9th is new this week! 
  3. New Song: Seek the Lord Early (108) - Repeat activity from last week, found HERE
    • Follow similar format as outlined above, except use quarter pieces, not halves hidden around the room. I'll only have one quarter of each flip chart piece on the board. 
    • Challenge: SING full pictures, HUM incomplete pictures.
  4. Review Song: The Family is of God (binder)
    • Hand out word strips to the children and teachers.
    • Ask them to put them under the appropriate verse. Ask the pianist to play the song quietly in the background.
    • Sing the song through, one verse at a time and make any corrections necessary. 
  5. Reverent Song: The Chapel Doors (156)
Nursery (11:00-11:07am) - Choose 5
  1. Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
  2. Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam
  3. Follow the Prophet (chorus only)
  4. Book of Mormon Stories
  5. Popcorn Popping
  6. Wise Man and the Foolish Man
  7. Families Can Be Together Forever
  8. I Am a Child of God
  9. I Love to See the Temple
  10. My Heavenly Father Loves Me
  11. Fun to Do

No comments:

Post a Comment