Navy Blue Chevron

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 20, 2012

October 21, 2012

Opening Song: Families Can Be Together Forever (p188)

Closing Song: I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus (p78) - both verses

Program Song: none
Wiggle Songs: Hinges (p277), Do As I'm Doing (p276)
---------------------------------------------------
Identify the doctrine: Our Heavenly Father loves us, and to remind us, He has given us daily blessings.

Help the children understand it with Listening and Singing Experiences:

Junior/Senior Primary

Sing Wiggle Songs! :)

Attention getter: Our moms and dads love us so much. They do things for us and give things to us to show us how much they love us. My mom made me my lunches for school when I was little to show me she loved me. My dad used to read me a story before bedtime to show me he loved me. What are things that your moms and dads do or give you to show you they love you?

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang one of my favorite Primary songs during General Conference - My Heavenly Father Loves Me. This song teaches us about some of the blessings our Heavenly Father has given us to remind us how much He loves us. These blessings are things that we can see and feel in our everyday lives. I know that Heavenly Father loves each of you very much.

  1. Ask Sister Ames to play through the song once. Ask the children to think about how they know their Heavenly Father loves them. Tell them after we listen to the piano, we will sing the song and hear some of the ways we can know our Heavenly Father loves us.
  2. Sing My Heavenly Father Loves Me (verse 1) to the children, one phrase at a time using pitch leading (no flip chart yet). Then have the children sing the phrase with me. Invite children to pitch lead as well.
  3. Sing the song through once. 
  4. Ask the children what are some of the blessings our Heavenly Father has given us to remind us how much He loves us. (they should use phrases from the song, guide them if they need help or use the flip chart with photo cues)
  5. Repeat with verse 2. 
  6. Fast Finisher: Songs of the Heart (children's favorite songs)

Nursery (following singing time, go into Nursery and sing the following songs with them)
  1. Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam (jump up on "beam", start crouched down)
  2. I Love to See the Temple (use simple hand gestures for words)
  3. Families Can Be Together Forever (draw circles in the air, switch arms, reverse direction)
  4. I Am a Child of God (clap then pat knees to keep beat)

No comments:

Post a Comment