Navy Blue Chevron

Search This Blog

Friday, August 30, 2013

September 8, 2013

Opening Song: My Heavenly Father Loves Me (p228)
Reverent Song: Reverently, Quietly (p26)

Closing Song: Families Can Be Together Forever (p188)

Program Song Review: 

  • When I Hear the Prophet's Voice (the Friend)
  • If the Savior Stood Beside Me (Outline)
  • The Sacred Grove (124)
  • I Am a Child of God (2)

Wiggle Song, if needed: Fun to Do (p253) using Action Cards
---------------------------------------------------
Identify the doctrine: Program Review! 

Listening and Singing Experiences:

Junior Primary/Senior Primary (now combined from here on out!)


Wiggle Song: Fun to Do (p253), might use throughout Singing Time

Review Time (5 minutes per song):

  1. Using the Ice Cream Poster, identify the songs we'll be working on today. Be sure to hype up the toppings we're working towards. (This is so-and-so's favorite topping!)
  2. When I Hear the Prophet's Voice - I don't think the children know this song at all, so I'll be teaching it using the Echo technique (I sing a phrase, they sing it back to me, sing the song up to that point with me). 
  3. The Sacred Grove - How to Sing Sticks
  4. I Am a Child of God - Don't Sing the Word (omit keywords, display the words to omit on the board, clap in place of the word):
    • me (verse 1)
    • me, needs (verse 2)
    • me, blessings, will (verse 3)
    • me, promises, glory, endure (verse 4)
  5. If the Savior Stood Beside Me - _________ when you sing _________:
    • STAND when you sing SAVIOR----SAVIOR----ALWAYS
    • CROSS YOUR LEGS when you sing COMMANDMENTS----TRUE----DEARLY
    • SIT DOWN when you sing FOLLOW----SHARE----BE
    • TOUCH YOUR HEAD when you sing EXAMPLE----GOSPEL----PERSON
    • TOUCH YOUR EARS when you sing RIGHTEOUSLY----REVERENTLY----KNOW
    • FOLD YOUR ARMS when you sing SAVIOR---SAVIOR----SAVIOR

Reverent Song (to be sung right before Gospel Instruction, if needed): Reverently, Quietly (p26)

Nursery (following Jr. singing time, go into Nursery and sing any of the following songs with them)
  1. Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
  2. Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam
  3. Book of Mormon Stories
  4. Popcorn Popping
  5. Wise Man and the Foolish Man
  6. Families Can Be Together Forever
  7. I Am a Child of God
  8. I Love to See the Temple
Closing Song: I Know My Father Lives (p5)

No comments:

Post a Comment