Navy Blue Chevron

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

June 15, 2014

Opening Song: He Sent His Son (34)
Welcome Song: Hello Song (260)
Action Songs: If You're Happy (266)
Article of Faith Song: The Fourth and Seventh Articles of Faith (124), 4th only (124) for Jr.
Program Song: I Love to See the Temple (95)
Other Song: Family History - I Am Doing It (94)
Happy Birthday Song: Happy Happy Birthday (284)
Reverent Song: Reverently, Quietly (26)
Closing Song: Build An Ark (the Friend)
---------------------------------------------------
Identify the doctrine: I can prepare now to be worthy to enter the temple.

Listening and Singing Experiences:

Singing Time: 

Junior Primary (11:15-11:35) 
  1. Action Song: If You're Happy (266)
  2. Articles of Faith Songs: 4th - use number posters (in sheet protectors). 
  3. I Love to See the Temple (95)
    • Sing both verses - use simple hand actions for verse 1, pictures for verse 2.
    • Review using "How to Sing" sticks, sing a few times.
    • Remind children that they can prepare now to enter the temple, bear testimony.
  4. Family History - I Am Doing It
    • Draw a picture of a tree on the board, post pictures of my family members for children to see. Talk briefly about what family history is. 
    • Sing through the song using the flipchart
    • Define progenitors, ask children to say it with me, repeat it back to me.
    • Sing again, this time only the children sing the words "family history" (I won't sing those 2 words, just point to them and mouth the words).
  5. Reverent Song: Reverently, Quietly (26)
Senior Primary (12:05-12:25) 
  1. Same as Junior except: 
    • Sing the 4th and teach the 7th Article of Faith using pitch leading, go over tricky words.
    • Family History: Have children sing "family history" without me, movement/action for "doing it", stand up on "I" or "me". Add on the challenges one at a time.
Nursery (11:00-11:07am) - Choose 5
    1. Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
    2. Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam
    3. Follow the Prophet (chorus only)
    4. Book of Mormon Stories
    5. Popcorn Popping
    6. Wise Man and the Foolish Man
    7. Families Can Be Together Forever
    8. I Am a Child of God
    9. I Love to See the Temple
    10. My Heavenly Father Loves Me
    11. Fun to Do

2 comments:

  1. I hope that you will still be putting you lesson plans on here. They have helped me so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heidi, I will! I an working on them this weekend and will have then posted soon. Sorry for the delay! :)

    ReplyDelete