Navy Blue Chevron

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 21, 2016

May 21, 2016

Opening Song: On A Golden Springtime (88)
Welcome Song: We Welcome You (256)
Action Songs: Give Said the Little Stream (236)
Program Songs: The Kind of Dad I See (printed), Praise to the Man (Hymn 27) 
Happy Birthday Song: Happy Happy Birthday (284)
Closing Song: If I Listen With My Heart, verses 1-2 (outline) 


Gospel Instruction Theme: The Church of Jesus Christ Has Been Restored.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opening Exercises (10:45am)


Junior Primary (11:00-11:20), Senior Primary (12:05-12:25) 
  1. Action Song: Give Said the Little Stream (236) - stand on words that begin with "S", clap on words that begin with "G". 
  2. Program Songs:
    • Praise to the Man (Hymn 27) - Start by showing the YouTube video of Praise to the Man, verses 1-3 to inspire the children and invite the Spirit. Invite the children to hum along during the video.
Stand up raising hands above head, sit down
Stand up raising hands above head, sit down
Patsch, patsch, patsch, Make an ugly face like a tyrant,
Patsch, patsch, fist thumps against other palm four times (va-a-i-n)

Patsch, patsch, patsch, patsch, point to your head as if planning something, cross arms across heart
Wag finger as if saying no, Patsch, patsch, patsch
      • Ask the children to "Freeze" at different times and see if their actions match my own. (Assess trouble spots)
    • The Kind of Dad I See (printed) - Play the slideshow while I sing the song to the children. Ask children to listen for what words finish the phrase, "When I see a dad..." (quickly before I sing, teach the melody of the phrase "when I see a dad" to the children using pitch leading, sing phrase 3 times).  After singing, put up the slideshow pictures and words on the board as the children recall the song's phrases. Sing again to/with the children, inviting them to sing along to the phrase, "When I see a dad".
Nursery (11:30-11:40) - Choose 5
  1. Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
  2. Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam
  3. Follow the Prophet (chorus only)
  4. Book of Mormon Stories
  5. Popcorn Popping
  6. Wise Man and the Foolish Man
  7. Families Can Be Together Forever
  8. I Am a Child of God
  9. I Love to See the Temple
  10. My Heavenly Father Loves Me
  11. Fun to Do

No comments:

Post a Comment