Navy Blue Chevron

Search This Blog

Friday, January 13, 2012

January 15, 2012

Opening Song: Reverently, Quietly (p 26)
Closing Song: My Heavenly Father Loves Me (p 228)

Wiggle Songs: Hinges (p 277), Do As I'm Doing (p 276)

Program Song: As a Child of God, new song in outline

Identify the doctrine: Heavenly Father gave me the power to choose. The Holy Ghost will help me make good choices that bless me and my family.

Help children understand it:

  1. Attention Getter: 
    • Show pictures of my family.
  2. Instruction:
    • Heavenly Father loves us so much that He sent us to earth in families. When I'm with my family I want to be my best self and I feel happy.Think about how you feel when you're with your family. Ask for a few contributions.Today we are going to learn a new verse to our new song As a Child of God that talks about how we feel when we're with our families.
  3. Listening and Singing Experiences: (adapted from:  http://mypianolesson.blogspot.com/)
  4. As a Child of God Poster
    • But first a quiz from last week: give older kids stanzas on paper, give little kids pictures. They are to put them in order on the floor, when finished, come up to the front and put on board (magnets). Have Sister Ames play As a Child of God twice through while they put them in order.
    • Put pictures on poster, introduce poster. Sing 1st verse (use actions learned last week).
    • Sing 2nd verse to kids. Ask them to listen for what feelings come from family love, raise their hand if they hear answers (safe, happy, peace). Whisper to neighbor what feelings they heard, call upon 1-3 children to answer out loud.
    • Show pictures for each stanza, put on poster. Sing 2nd verse with kids.
    • Sing several more times, covering different pictures until they can sing the entire verse with all pictures covered on poster. Invite kids to come up and choose which picture to cover. 
    • Sing 1st and 2nd verses together (show pictures for 1st verse on poster only).
Help them apply it in their lives: I testify that when we make good choices, we bless our families with feelings of safety, happiness, peace, and love. This week I challenge each of you to choose the right.

Songs of the Heart: Last week I told you that one of my favorite Primary songs is called My Heavenly Father Loves Me. I want to know what YOUR favorite songs are. I am going to give each of you a heart. With your teachers' help, I want you to write your name on one side and your favorite Primary song on the other. When you are finished, I want you to bring it up and put it in my Songs of the Heart can.

Fast Finisher: Songs of the Heart

No comments:

Post a Comment