Navy Blue Chevron

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

May 27, 2012


Opening Song: 
Keep the Commandments (p146-147)
Closing Song: I Need My Heavenly Father (p18)


Wiggle Songs: Do As I'm Doing (p276), Kid's choice


Program Song: When I Am Baptized (p103) 
Review Songs: I Feel My Savior's Love (p74)
Other Song: The Fourth Article of Faith (p124)
---------------------------------------------------
Identify the doctrine: Jesus Christ teaches me to choose the right. I can choose the right by being baptized and confirmed a member of the Church.


Help the children understand it:
  1. Sing Wiggle Songs (2). 2 minutes
    • Listening and Singing Experiences:

      Junior/Senior Primary
      Songs to use:
      1. Fourth Article of Faith (p124)
      2. Faith (p96)3. Help Me Dear Father (p99)4. When I Am Baptized (p103)
      5. The Holy Ghost (p105)
      • 1 minute - Sing the Fourth Article of Faith using the poster (add popsicle sticks ahead of time)
      • 1 minute - Attention getter: To help us learn more about each of these principles and ordinances, I have brought 4 bags. In each bag, there is something that will help us understand that principle or ordinance better. 
      • 5 minutes - Invite one child to open the first bag labeled "faith". In the bag will be a packet of seeds. Teach that faith a little seed, sing the song "Faith", sing both verses using flipchart. In the second bag labeled "repentance" will be a bar of soap. Teach that when we sin, it's just like getting our hands dirty. Repentance is the soap that cleanses our hands. 
      • 5 minutes - In the third bag labeled "baptism" there is a picture of a child being baptized. Sing the song "When I Am Baptized", verse 1. Teach the 2nd verse using the soap analogy and flipchart.
      • 2 minutes - Invite one of the kids to open the last bag "Receive the Gift of the Holy Ghost". In it will be a picture of a child being confirmed and a blanket. Teach that the Holy Ghost can bring us comfort and peace, just like a blanket. Sing "The Holy Ghost" verse 2 with flipchart.
      • 1 minute - Finish by singing "When I Am Baptized", both verses.
      Help them apply it in their lives: I know that our Savior Jesus Christ has taught us the way to return to our Heavenely Father. We must be baptized, just like Jesus Christ was baptized.

      No comments:

      Post a Comment