Navy Blue Chevron

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 5, 2012

May 6, 2012


Opening Song: Families Can Be Together Forever (p188)
Closing Song: Mother, I Love You (p207) - Performance Practice


Wiggle Songs: I Wiggle (p271)


Program Song: I Feel My Savior's Love (p74)

Mother's Day: Mother, I Love You (p207)
Review Songs: Choose the Right (opening song)
---------------------------------------------------
Identify the doctrine: Jesus Christ teaches me to choose the right. He loves me, and I can feel His love.


Help the children understand it:
  1. Sing Wiggle Songs.
    • Listening and Singing Experiences:

      Junior/Senior Primary
      • Wiggle Songs 
      • Mother, I Love You: Sing verse 1 with the children using the flipchart.
      • Teach verse 2. 
        • Sing verse 2 to the children. 
          • Junior:  When we love our mothers, we want to help and mind them. What does it mean to mind our mothers? Listen for the word that rhymes with "mind". When you hear it, touch your nose. (find)
          • Senior: Listen for 2 words that rhyme. When you hear them, touch your nose. (mind/find). What does it mean to mind our mothers?  
        • Sing the song with me (use flipchart), listen for trouble spots and review.
        • Use "how to sing" sticks to practice. (tell the kids you'll be watching for those who are singing, holding still, and watching to help with the "how to sing" sticks.)
        • Performance practice (how/where to stand, holding still, little ones in front, etc.)
      • I Feel My Savior's Love: Sing verse 1 with signs. Practice if time. With Senior Primary, teach 3rd verse. (solo/small group for 2nd verse)
      Help them apply it in their lives: I know that our Savior Jesus Christ loves us, and He wants us to feel His love. This week, I want you to find one way that you can feel your Savior's love.


      Songs of the Heart


      referenced: http://primarysingingtimeideas.blogspot.com/2009/04/mothers-day.html

      No comments:

      Post a Comment