Navy Blue Chevron

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 2, 2012

September 2, 2012


Opening Song: Nephi's Courage (p120) - verse 3
Closing Song: I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus (p78) - both verses

Program Song: Review
Review Songs: Choose the Right (Hymn 239), When I Am Baptized (p103), The Wise Man and the Foolish Man (p281)
---------------------------------------------------
Identify the doctrine: Review

Help the children understand it:
Listening and Singing Experiences:

Junior/Senior Primary

Review: 

  • When I Am Baptized - Sing'O'Meter (invite the teachers/Primary presidency to judge according to how well the kids know the words, how still they stand, and how well they watch me)
  • The Wise Man and the Foolish Man - Rollar Coaster (pitch leading with the body - start with buckling into their seats, move up and down with the pitch)
  • Choose the Right - Lost Little Lamb (have one of the students be the "shepherd" and stand in the hall, hide the lamb, invite the shepherd back in, start singing a little louder than usual - the closer to the lamb the shepherd gets, the quieter everyone sings to inspire reverence for lesson)

Nursery (following singing time, go into Nursery and sing the following songs with them)

Jade, Annalisa, Ike - stop sign this week
  1. Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam
  2. Give Said the Little Stream
  3. I Feel My Savior's Love
  4. I Love to See the Temple
  5. Families Can Be Together Forever
  6. I Am a Child of God

No comments:

Post a Comment