Navy Blue Chevron

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 10, 2013

March 31, 2013 - Easter


Opening Song: Reverently, Quietly (p26)
Closing Song: Did Jesus Really Live Again? (p64)

Program Song: If the Savior Stood Beside Me (2013 outline, binder)
Wiggle Songs: Kids Choice! (choose 3-4 from name sticks)
Other Songs: I Know That My Savior Loves Me (binder)
---------------------------------------------------
Listening and Singing Experiences:

Junior Primary/Senior Primary

  1. Congratulate the children on their Easter performance! 
  2. Sing 3-4 wiggle songs, choosing children using the name sticks (or just call on kids, depending on how many are there)
  3. Review the song "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" using posters and the simplified ASL (don't show the video, just for reference):




I Know That My Savior Loves Me


Identify the doctrine: Our Savior Jesus Christ suffered for us in the Garden of Gethsemane, He died for us on the cross, and He was resurrected so that each of us will be resurrected one day.

Help children understand it: (Use at the end of the lesson, for "I Know That My Savior Loves Me") Today is Easter. It is the day when Jesus was resurrected. Bear testimony of the doctrine (identified above). I brought a special song and video to share with you today. It is called, I Know That My Savior Loves Me. As we watch and listen to it, I want you to pay attention to how you feel. I know that if you listen to the words and the beautiful music and look at the pictures, you will feel how much your Savior loves you. 


  1. Play the video:
  2. After the video, invite children to share how they felt. Also invite teachers/leaders to bear their testimonies of the Savior.
  3. Time permitting, sing the song again to/with the children using piano and flipchart.


Nursery (following Jr. singing time, go into Nursery and sing the following songs with them)
  1. Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes
  2. Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam
  3. Popcorn Popping
    And choose one of the following:
  4. I Love to See the Temple
  5. Families Can Be Together Forever
  6. I Am a Child of God

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the ASL video! It is great! thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you @Henckel House! I love using ASL with the kids, keeps them engaged and learning!

    ReplyDelete